Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Today he is 1


A year ago today I was in the worst pain of my life. Swearing that at any moment an alien would rip through my abdomen and destroy the world. I begged and begged for a c-section and when they decided it was time to give me one he decided he'd quit playing "hard to get" and come meet his Mommy and Daddy. After 19 and a half hours of labor and 20 minutes of pushing he was here! We decided not to find out the gender of our baby so all I could think was "Is it a boy or a girl?". When his head came out his cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times. The doctor cut the cord and didn't say anything so that I would remain calm. Then they immediately took him over to the baby table. All I could think about was the gender but what I didn't realize was that he wasn't breathing. Finally, Todd announced "It's a BOY!" And I was so happy! They put a little oxygen pumper on his face and after a few pumps he made up his mind and decided to breathe. And then they brought the little booger to me! After 9 months of being ABSOLUTELY certain I was having a girl, there was this adorable little man in my arms and I just couldn't imagine it any other way! He has made our lives and I honestly have no idea what we did before we had him! He is amazing in every possible way!


He loves: 
His thumb in his mouth at bedtime
His blankie (Or his "deal" as Daddy calls it)
His grandparents and great-grandparents
His aunts and uncles
When Mommy and Daddy read to him
Any book
Sponge-Bob Squarepants
A potato cooked anyway you can make it
Bath time (And making Mommy crazy by standing up in the bath and falling down over and over)
Cars and Trucks
Animals. He's not scared of anything!
To follow his Daddy around all night when he gets home from work
Watching football with Daddy
Chasing Davey around and trying to eat his tail
When people come to visit him
His best friend Addyson Pickett





He hates:
When he has to get dried off and put pj's on after bath time. 
When visitors leave our house. He'll scream and cry. 
Eating nasty veggies 
Being told 'No'
When he has to lay down for a nap when he's not ready
When Davey runs away from him
Any time Daddy walks away from him
When Mommy sucks his nose out with the nasal aspirator
Getting his ears cleaned out
Getting his nails and toenails cut




I am so blessed to have such an amazing little boy. He is rarely ever bad. He is so loving. I don't know what I did to deserve him but I sure am happy he's here! And next year he will be a big brother! And I'm sure he'll be the best Big Brother EVER!!! We love him more than he'll ever know and can't imagine our lives without him!

Children are a gift of the Lord.- Psalm 127:3

2 comments: