Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bye Bye Baby Fat

As I mentioned in a previous post, I gained 50 pounds during my last pregnancy...disgusting, I know. Since having her I have dropped 35 of those pounds but I still have a long way to go. I would like to at least lose 30 more pounds. I am so tired of being tired and sluggish all the time. So, I have decided to try something new.

A plant-based diet.

Scary??

Terrifying.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love food. Not just food, unhealthy food. If you fry it, I'll eat it. But, I have to get healthy. If not just for myself, for my kids and husband. Todd's 10 year reunion is in 1 month. So for the next month I will be busting my butt attempting to drop some weight!

I need support people. A workout buddy, something. Help me.




3 comments:

  1. My advice: If it is something that you despise, you won't keep it up. Are you nursing? That is by far the best fastest and healthiest way to burn some calories. Eat 3 well balanced meals, actually I ate 6 small meals throughout the day. Like I would use a saucer instead of a plate to control my portion sizes. Get out and walk with those babies! Put Landen in a stroller strap Eden into a carrier and walk walk walk!!! And try to do it at the same time everyday. When I lived on Sycamore, I would walk to Mcdonald park, play for an hour and then walk back. I say eat what you want in moderation. Don't eat after 7:00pm. Drink water. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't diet when you nurse... you will NOT be a happy camper and you will not have more energy. You'll most likely feel even more sluggish. The tough thing about a plant-based diet is the lack of protein, which you need, esp. when nursing. I agree w/ Sunny about exercise and eating in moderation. When I exercised and nursed, I dropped weight really quickly. And it doesn't need to be crazy exercise-- walking is one of the best things you can do. Aim to walk at least 30 mins. (try for 45-1 hour) 5 times a week. It sounds counterintuitive, but I promise you that exercise will perk your energy levels. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a workout buddy too. I feel the same way. I live down the roadfrom u so if wanna get together let me know!!!!

    ReplyDelete