Friday, February 4, 2011

Worst Mom Award Friday...

I am so ashamed to let anyone know this. But, none of us are perfect...so here goes...

This morning I woke up and felt like crap. Rolled out of bed, head throbbing, and went and got Landen out of his bed.
He surprised me with the world's nastiest poop. I am not exaggerating.
We went into the kitchen where I filled his sippy cup with milk and gave it to him. We don't let him in the kitchen often because there are lots of problems in the kitchen. He likes to eat dog food. Which, wouldn't really bother me if he didn't choke on it every time. Anyway, it's just easier to put the gate up and not let him in there but today I did.
I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off because I am totally OCD and I think he needs to have food in his stomach the moment he wakes up in the morning. Even though he was perfectly content with playing with magnets on the fridge  I was trying to make his yogurt and oatmeal up at record time. I wasn't paying attention that his cup was leaking. And by leaking, I really mean POURING out EVERYWHERE.

So, I slipped in a puddle and twisted my ankle.

But, that's not the bad part.

A word flew from my mouth. A word so bad, I am far too embarrassed to put on here will spare you from reading!! I am sure you can think of it on your own. It is the bad word of all bad words.

And my son looked at me with his sweet little face and repeated it.

I am horrified.

I am supposed to be a good role model. Not someone who teaches my son to curse! How in the world will I ever yell at him for using fowl language when I myself do?!?! This has been on my mind all morning. I could just cry about it. It's not cute that he said it. It is not funny. It is really, really sad.

So, that's it for me. No more curse words will be escaping my mouth. None. Not when he's in the other room, outside with his dad, asleep...not at all.

I think it will make me feel better anyway.



2 comments:

  1. Being a mom is hard! But remember we have all said or done something in front of our children that we regret. Sometimes we instantly regret it. Other times it's when they are doing something less than desirable and we realize that they learned that from ME! They learned how to do that from watching my bad habits! But, It's okay.Just because we are the parent doesn't mean that we are done learning. Chalk this one up as a learning experience and grow from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brianne...so glad you stopped by today! I appreciate you chiming in on my blog post about my daughter's classmate and all of her body piercings.I know I sound really old-fashioned, but I simply can't understand how the mother of a 14 year old girl can just allow her to do that to herself. Like you indicated...at that young age, you're really not capable of making good decisions on your own...studies have even proven it. I think her mother needs to act as a parent and lay the hammer down. That's just my own opinion.

    Try not to beat yourself up too much about what you said this morning. We, as humans, are prone to slip up from time to time. Just look at it as another lesson learned and move forward. All will be just fine!

    ReplyDelete